An IT infrastructure is comprised of
- The cabling infrastructure, usually copper or fiber optic media, that make up the physical pathways used to transport enterprise generated data traffic
- The Wired Local Area Network (LAN) – Core, aggregation, and Edge/Access layer Ethernet LAN switches
- The Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) – Access Points (APs)
- Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity – IP routers, media gateways, integrated access devices
- Security enforcement appliances & software – firewalls, intrusion detection/protection sensors
- Device and traffic management software
- Backup power sources/Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) systems
Like any solid foundation, a stable and reliable IT infrastructure allows the businesses to move and share data in an efficient way, which in turn supports a productive workplace process.
Your IT infrastructure is responsible for moving the data that sustains your business. Application delays frustrate your employees or worse, keep them from adequately doing their job. Matrix-NDI can ensure your network and bandwidth are being used effectively and efficiently.
Let us design, build and manage a fast, flexible and secure network. Enable devices and users to securely configure themselves and manage it all from a single interface.
Extend services anywhere, seamlessly, isolate traffic end-to-end, contain breaches and prevent lateral movements, provide network path invisibility to IP hackers, eliminate network loops, eliminate backdoor entry points
The modern enterprise demands agility, scalable and resilient connectivity, and inherent network security – but without the complexity of traditional networking. Fabric Connect (based on enhanced Shortest Path Bridging/ IEEE 802.1 aq) represents a new way to design, build and operate networks. One that delivers simplicity and agility while at the same time improving security and stability.
Wireless LAN (WLAN)
Make pervasive mobility possible. Recognize users, customize experiences and build better relationships during the first interaction with your network.
Whether it’s a WLAN-only refresh or new build, Matrix-NDI has the expertise and experience not only for the wireless elements of a unified access network, but also for a “wireless-first” environment, where the WLAN is the primary or predominant first connection to the enterprise network
All vendors serving the WLAN market can provide the needed functionality to serve basic connectivity needs, yet capabilities can vary significantly for network application services such as policy enforcement, network management, and location services.
The Internet of Things (IoT) has begun to play a bigger role in wireless LAN (WLAN) deployment decisions, including related security implications. The diversity of IoT devices has made authentication and device identity management methods more challenging.
The use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technology can further complement the use of analytics for root cause analysis and problem remediation, especially for wireless.
Recommendations for Choosing an IT Partner
Infrastructure and operations leaders responsible for planning, sourcing and managing wired and wireless access networks and related services should:
- Shortlist vendor proposals by identifying how each vendor’s network service applications match with the level of services required for both new and legacy access network infrastructure.
- Internet of Things (IoT) proliferation is here. Assess security capabilities for expanding IoT use cases, such as secure tunneling and automatic detection and segmentation functionality. This will help separate IoT solutions from the rest of the enterprise network since IoT endpoints are prone to weak or nonexistent authentication.
- Implement best practices for strong implementation of WLANs. While the use of analytics leveraging AI/ML can simplify troubleshooting and deliver better network assurance, poorly designed and implemented WLANs will continue to result in a poor user experience.
Distributed enterprise IT infrastructure relies on cloud services, high-speed WANs, wired, wireless and mobile telecommunications to link headquarters with branch/campus sites, POS systems and mobile endpoints. Our IT security solutions comprehensively protect this distributed environment from advanced threats, enable regulatory compliance, and are easily and affordably deployed and managed from a single pane of glass.
Security Risk Meters are designed to help you facilitate actions based on logical scoring to guide your planning, and make robust policy and budgeting decisions. Automatically reveal threat data and risk scores based on live data. Reveal gaps in defensive layers. Make real-time decisions. Take decisive action based on real-world conditions.
Cloud applications, including cloud-based email, are vital to organizations’ production, sales and communications, and are increasingly the target of attacks. To thwart never-before-seen malware variants, targeted phishing attacks, account takeover due to compromised credentials and data loss, New Cloud App Security solutions provide real-time protection for business-critical SaaS apps.
Increase response time, visibility and insight into advanced threats, track threat origins and intended destination, kill and quarantine as necessary and roll back endpoints to a last-known healthy state in the event of an infection. New Capture Client Device Control reduces your attack surface by locking out unknown or suspicious devices, like USB sticks.
The enterprise IT infrastructure has become one of the most difficult environments to manage effectively. You need to rapidly onboard BYOD users and Internet connected devices, quickly deploy the new digital technology that your organization requires, prevent cyber-attacks at every entry point, and do it all while delivering a consistent user experience. Our Automated Campus solution makes it all possible with simplicity, security, and intelligence. High levels of virtualization and cloud environments combined with enormous traffic, limit visibility in the modern data center. In addition, most data centers face challenges adapting to rapid business changes and virtual environments.
Let Matrix-NDI provide a pragmatic path to automation based on multi-vendor architectures. We offer real solutions that give you the granular visibility and real-time analytics you need to make data-based business decisions.